Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Slipping through my fingers...





I just put my baby on the bus for his first day of Kindergarten. Can't believe he's already 5 1/2 years old. Can't believe someone else is going to be shaping his little mind, heart, and soul for 7 hours each day. Can't believe God gave him to us in the first place. Oh, what a precious gift! Oh, how I am going to miss him! Oh, how I need Jesus to help me let go.

I'm overwhelmed with gratefulness right now for the moments I've had with my dear son over the last 5 years. We've spent so much one-on-one time that I think I'm grieving the loss of that right now. But every time I have joked with him and said, "Please don't grow up. I love age (4)," the next year gets even better. So, I have hope that each year with each of its growing pains will be sweeter than the last as our relationship deepens.

When Parker was baptized, the verse we chose for him was Eph. 1:3-6, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love, he predestined us to be adopted as sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will--to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves." ...I'm comforted knowing he's in good hands. :)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pics! Technology sure makes life more interesting. Parker will get a kick out of those photos when he looks back some day...