Wednesday, February 4, 2009

NPC (squared)

I'd heartily appreciate your prayers again this weekend.  Jennifer, Parker, and I will be flying out to minister at Kim and Dave Schutter's church, which ironically is called Northwest Presbyterian Church, but goes by the acronym NPC.  So Dave and I are teaming up again at another NPC!  (For those of you not in on the joke, Dave and I were on staff together at Naperville Presbyterian... the "original" NPC.)

I'll be leading their men's retreat helping the guys apply the gospel to lives at work on Friday and Saturday.  On Sunday I'll be teaching a very abbreviated version of the same material for their adult education classes, and then preaching at their worship service.  All in all that's 5 times of teaching in 3 days.

So please pray for me yet again.  I don't feel as overwhelmed as I did about the Princeton thing--but I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing.  I DO feel that I have very little to offer to a group of people that don't know me, especially when I have such a short amount of time with them.  But I had a wonderful time with God being super needy today, and he really provided just the right insights and help to help me feel like I'm tracking with him.

Also pray for Kim and Dave.  It's been a pretty hard slog for them over the last little bit.

No comments: